Friday, June 12, 2009

Push-ups with the Politicians.

I'm not pleased with the lack of reader comments here on The Fitness Nerd, so today I'm throwing politics into the mix. According to CBS, Obama's healthcare reform branches into getting people off couches and away from Cheetos.
I thought everyone, with the exception of the soda industry, would get behind reform like this. Then the libertarians chirped in.
As luck would have it, I'll be vacationing this weekend with Matt Welch, the Editor in Chief of the libertarian rag Reason magazine. I plan to grill him on the topic thoroughly.

If worse comes to worst, I'm fairly certain my healthy diet and serious exercise regime mean that I can take him in a fight. I'll report back on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't read this article (I hate politics), but I do read and love your blog! I'll start commenting more (you may regret this).

    ReplyDelete
  2. America already IS a nation of Children that don't know what's good for them. Making sugar expensive is just correcting the error of rampant mass production, too much, too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's not like they want to take sugar away or anything, just explain how to use it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Mike579 said. Let's at least make it expensive for people to be unhealthy.

    I would comment on more of your posts, but I figure you already know you're funny, and that's usually all I want to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Me? Funny? I'm deadly serious about this stuff, man!

    ReplyDelete