Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Next from Reebok: A football with wings.

Behold Reebok's new, fancy $300 bat, the "Vector O."


Ya see, it has holes in it, so it goes faster. What'd I tell ya? Fancy! According to the College Baseball Blog, schools all over the country are going gaga for the technology. But as I recall, pro baseball is pretty picky when it comes to weird equipment, so won't that kibosh things a little?

Also, $300 for a bat? Seriously?

I want to know what you think.

(Thanks to Boing Boing for the heads up.)

2 comments:

  1. The Splendid SplinterJune 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM

    That's more like cheating than taking steroids. Baseball bats are made of wood.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't even make sense if you look at how a bat is actually swung. That part of the bat surely doesn't create that much air resistance for those little holes to help anything... but whatever people will pay money for...

    ReplyDelete