Monday, June 22, 2009

Neat to eat seaweed treats.


Call me a dirty, surfin' hippy, but I really dig this post over at Fitness Spotlight about edible "sea vegetables" -- or seaweed, as some of us call it.

It runs down what they are, what's good about them, how to prepare them and what's bad about them. Here's what a quick trip to Whole Foods uncovered for the writer:
I'm rather ocean-minded, so I may be bias, but it's always cool to learn about a bunch of new foods to try, especially ones from the sea. That said, I still plan to avoid eating shark because, to paraphrase legendary waterman Duke Kahanamoku, as long as I don't eat them, I figure they won't eat me.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that stuff, too. The only problem I have is that we don't eat shellfish, and many of them say on the package, "May contain shellfish". This makes sense, of course, considering where these vegetables are from (duh). I just wonder how "contaminated" they really are, or if this is just another example of CYA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know. Some rouge snail could get in there. It's probably CYA. I suppose it depends on how hardcore you are about your abstinence.

    ReplyDelete