When I'm engaged in a debate with a crazy person I like to sit back and let them have the stage because, eventually, they'll end up burying themselves in the argument. Here is a prime example of how this works. Apparently, no one has shown Rush any statistics on heart disease and diabetes.
Thanks to Debbie for the head's up on this. Limbaugh isn't generally on my list of where to find health news.
And in case you need a counterpoint, here are a few obesity epidemic stats. Maybe Rush needs to chip in and tell us how it's all really Colorado's fault.
Fat Stats
Apparently, out-of-work, uninsured people have more time for sports and other injury-inducing activities than the insured upper/middle class.
ReplyDeleteThe pieces of the puzzle are all coming together now. Thanks, Rush!
Unbelievable...
ReplyDeleteIf you don't regularly listen to Rush then I can see how you could miss his point. He often uses sarcasm. I don't think he was saying being healthy and active is bad but do we really want to pay for somebody elses extreme sport injuries, obesity etc. under socialized medicine. We already do to some extent but now but under a one payer system it will only be worse. Yes it will be one payer no matter what they say. Why would private health insurance companies try to compete. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_061109/content/01125115.guest.html
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Well, private health insurance compete in other socialist countries like the UK and Australia, but you're right, they'd never compete here. America isn't that capitalistic.
ReplyDeletewhy would I pay for private health insurance if I'm already paying taxes and can get it for free. Oh, thats right its not free to me because I'm one of the ones paying for it.
ReplyDeleteThat line of thinking is already firmly established in the US. Emergency rooms are free for all, so they're now being used as clinics by the uninsured and, thus, are closing their doors at a rapid rate. Of course, this makes it more and more difficult for those of us who really need emergency care. The private vs public thing is really not a big vs small governement thing at all anymore. It's just a matter coming up with a plan that works. We pay one way or the other.
ReplyDeleteRush won't inform you on this because that's not his schtick. He's a comedian. His show is registered as a comedy show. But I didn't find has sarcasm funny in this instance because some people take him seriously. And in this case he's being over-the-top absurd when facts and figures to the contrary are almost holdhold knowledge for anyone who even reads major headline news. The supporting article in the post was a headline at the exact same time he went on that diatribe.