Still obsessing about how your dimpled thighs, jelly belly or flappy arms look in a swimsuit? That’s so last summer.Good to know. After all, the human body is just a series of flaws, so thank goodness Gold's has pointed out yet another bit of anatomy to feel bad about. I hope this leads to plenty of new memberships to combat this growing problem.This year, there’s a new body part to fret over: the cankle.
Wait a minute, what am I saying? What the hell am I saying? Isn't it bad enough that half of American is obese and the other half is body-obsessed? Do we really need to make up more junk to be freaked out about? Worse still, for many people, "cankles" are genetic and for those who do happen to just have fat ankles, you can do all the fancy gym exercises in the world but, news flash, YOU CAN'T SPOT BURN FAT!
Look, if you like to work out, go for it. You really should. Sweat, get healthy, feel good -- but for the record, you and your cankles are beautiful just the way you are.
Have an awesome Independance Day Weekend. See you Monday.
"After all, the human body is just a series of flaws"
ReplyDeleteThat line was so spot on to the problem with their campaign. I'm glad that I no longer have a membership to Gold's Gym. This kind of disgusted me. Heaven forbid people should want to join a gym to get healthy. Instead let's have them obsessing about their (c)ankles.