The first article is actually kind of useful. It runs through the various ways to diet, from the D.I.Y. version, which just requires commitment and a reasonable eating plan; up to très cher weight loss methods such as hospital-sponsored programs. While the various levels of financial commitment have their benefits, ultimately, it's what you bring to it.
“What matters most is your level of motivation and your willingness to change,” says Kelly D. Brownell, a psychologist and director of the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale.The next article reports on a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research in which they paid people to keep weight off.
I wonder if these researchers have any concept of the value of a dollar. I bet at least a couple of them tip their waitress a bright, shiny quarter for good service. That's just not enough money to impact results.
Seriously, if someone offered me $60 not to eat banana cream pie for a year, I'd tell them to take a flying leap.
That's what I was thinking. $60? Seriously? That's a whole $5 a month. Woot!
ReplyDelete