Thursday, July 23, 2009

How do you say "pull-up" in Spanish?


Forgive me for being a manly man, but boy, do I love pull-ups! I could never do them as a fat little kid. They and rope climbing were always my big Achilles heels when it came to the President's Fitness Test. Damn you, Dwight D. Eisenhower! It wasn't until I took up rock climbing in my twenties that I realized I could actually pump a few out. Now I eat them for breakfast.

Quien es mas macho? Richardo Mantobahn o The Real Fitness Nerd?

In my opinion, they're a bit like stalking and killing a wild pig. Although you don't think you can do it, you probably can. It's just a matter of getting past the mental block. Of course, I've never killed a pig, let alone a wild one, but the metaphor seems to go with the manly theme of this post.

Anyway, everyone should have access to pull-ups in their own home, but last I heard, subsidized pull-up bars are not part of Obama's health care reform, so instead, here's a link to a cool post on RossTraining.com that discusses a couple cool ways to make pull-up anchors and rings.

If you actually make these contraptions, let me know and I'll concede that you, amigo or amiga, are mas macho than me.

2 comments: