The New York City Health Department just unleashed this anti-soda campaign on YouTube:
I have to admit, I got a little sick inside my mouth watching this. Also, it's slightly misleading because if you cut those 100+ calories a day elsewhere in your diet, you won't gain those ten pounds a year. Still, soda is junk, so way to go, NYC! First you nail trans fat in restaurants and now this!
I find it odd that the city of Los Angeles isn't taking these steps, considering our standing as the most image conscious town in the country. We could use the help. Trust me, we're not all running around on the beach, svelte in our red Speedos, David Hasselhoff-style. We're much closer to the paunchy, drunk, rolling around-on-the-floor-eating-a-hamburger-type Hasselhoff.
(I know it would have made more sense to post the drunk hamburger video, but this one is way funnier and arguably more pathetic.)
Anyway, pick up your game, LA. NY is making us look bad.
Can't believe you missed the chance to point out that "Hooked on a Feeling" was first performed by a guy named B. J.
ReplyDeleteI set that aside just for you.
ReplyDeleteEwww. But I guess it is good, especially considering most people who drink soda drink a lot more than 8 oz. a day.
ReplyDelete