
For those compelled to look grunge-hip whilst working out, Quiksilver has come out with a new line of Coolmax Jeans especially designed by and for skateboarders. They have re-enforced seams and a gusseted crotch (ahem), but more importantly, the fabric is 73% cotton and 27% fancy Coolmax fabric, which means they're slightly stretchy and they wick moisture.
Here's a comprehensive review from Outside magazine.
I'm going to need to buy a pair (unless you buy me a pair first, hint, hint), but not for skateboarding or hiking or any other sport. Ya see, they have these crazy contraptions called "shorts" that I find much more efficient for wicking my moisture and gusseting my crotch when I'm shredding it up. However, I think Quiksilver might have accidently created the perfect European travel pants. Over the years, I've ended up in cities like Paris in the middle of July, when it's 200 degrees but if you're in shorts, you're instantly pegged as a tourist.
Believe me, there have been many a balmy night that I walked the banks of the Seine, 501s sticky and uncomfortable, desperately in need of having my moisture wicked.
Wow, that's two posts in a row ending with bad double-entendres. I need to get out more often.
I always love your posts! My wife and I are still laughing at "...Ya see, they have these crazy contraptions called "shorts" that I find much more efficient for wicking my moisture and gusseting my crotch when I'm shredding it up..."
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laugh and 'tourism' advice.
So you're telling me nobody (but the tourists) wears shorts in that crazy hot weather? That's really silly. I guess at least women can wear skirts.
ReplyDeleteSterling -
ReplyDeleteThanks, man!
SD -
That was ten years ago, though. Paris may be a very different place now...