Friday, April 17, 2009

On Her Majesty's Glycemic Index.

BBC News ran an interesting article today about how British people don't seem to know that alcoholic drinks have calories.

People the world over tend to forget that not only are there carbs in most cocktails, as well as beer and wine, but alcohol itself has seven calories per gram - and those are seven calories the body doesn't know how to process very well, given they're poison.

But what's more important about this article are the awesomely weird English cuisine comparisons, such as "a pint of lager and a small sausage roll have 170 calories each."

And before anyone accuses me of being xenophobic, I lived in London for a while and I still think the food is weird. Beans on toast are weird. Feel free to mock American food all you want. I won't get upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment