
A new study out of McMaster University in Canada indicates that women tend to eat less when they eat with men.
This really isn't all that surprising. The real reason I decided to post this is because of the press release's lead sentence:
If you are a woman who dines with a man, chances are you choose food with fewer calories than if you dine with a woman.
I'm wondering if English is the first language of whoever wrote this because it has such a lovely Latin lilt. It immediately brings to mind Ricardo Montalban, sitting on a chair of fine, Corinthian leather, sipping brandy and uttering, "If you are a woman who dines with a man..."
Apparently, seductive chatter is alive and well in the McMaster University press office. I wonder if whoever wrote that dines with a man... or a woman?
Yeah, women don't like to show men that we actually eat. It's a secret we keep hidden amongst ourselves.
ReplyDelete