Monday, August 24, 2009
Doubling Down On Your Gut
Perhaps spurred on by Denis' post last week about the battle over who can make the unhealthiest burger, KFC has entered the war with all guns blazing. This, um, sandwich (is anything stuffed between two of the same things a sandwich? Kind of reminds me of a family wedding in South Dakota where none of the "salads" had anything resembling a vegetable and the none-too-svelte bride's "only salad I would eat growing up" was some concoction featuring smashed Oreo cookies and whipped cream, but I digress) is currently being test marketed in only Rhode Island and Nebraska. Anyone want to bet on where it will be more successful?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I spent my first 12 years of life in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and I'd like to say that Steve's generalization about SD salads is fairly accurate. Ambrosia Salad was a common staple of any BBQ. Here's the recipe, courtesy of Cooks.com:
ReplyDelete2 cans pineapple chunks, drained
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 jars maraschino, drained
1 can coconut flakes
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
4 oz. sour cream
16 oz. Cool Whip
I'd also like to wag the old Shame Finger at KFC, who recently seemed to be turning things around by offering grilled chicken. You never learn, do ya?
Ew! I seriously don't think there's anything grossly unhealthy that a company will put out that people won't eat.
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me of: http://www.theonion.com/content/video/dominos_scientists_test_limits_of
ReplyDeleteThat's genius. I think I may start turning to The Onion for all of my news.
ReplyDelete