
In an unusual show of cojones, the FDA has officially recalled everyone's favorite overpriced mega-caffeine pill, Hydroxycut. From the FDA press release:
Jaundice? Wow! You gotta love it when a 21st century weight-loss supplement causes an ailment commonly associated with 18th century British sailors.
Maybe if they formulate an Hydroxycut Limeade*, it'll fix the problem.
*That's a little historical joke. Citrus prevents jaundice, so oldey timey English sailors were given lime juice rations, which is why they're called "limeys." While we're on the topic and since this is a footnote, so I guess it's okay to waffle on, many sailors refused to drink their lime juice because, well, I don't know if you've ever had straight lime juice before, but yuck. Anyway, the sailors were given rum to drink with their lime juice, which is basically the origin of the daiquiri. I could go on, but this is getting silly, even for a footnote.
"Maybe if they formulate an Hydroxycut Limeade*, it'll fix the problem."
ReplyDeleteLOL I just found this place and I love it. A place for Denis to be Denis.
:)
Damn. I just sat down to breakfast after having taken another 2 hydroxycut pills....eating breakfast...reading Google Reader....bam. Read this. Huh.
ReplyDeleteI'm seconding Tam on the LOL. Honestly, I could see that one being tossed around at a marketing meeting.
ReplyDeleteYou're confusing Jaundice with Scurvy which is caused by a deficiency of vitamin C.
ReplyDeleteJaundice affects the liver and is caused by high levels of the chemical bilirubin in the bloodstream.