
While we're on the topic of nutritional stupidity, I'd like to introduce y'all to Domino's Pizza's latest offering, Bread Bowl Pasta. Apparently, there's wasn't enough refined flour in their 3-Cheese Mac n' Cheese or Chicken Alfredo, so they dumped them in a big, white bun.
According to That's Fit, the bowls range in calories from 670 to 740 with 24-28g of fat. Frankly, I'm surprised they managed to stuff that much fat in between all the complex carbs.
Of course, each bowl is technically 2 servings, which would bring the calories down into the 300 range, but fat chance of anyone who would order an abomination like this actually sharing it with a friend.
As much as I love my carbs I don't think I could even eath that!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw their commercials I couldn't believe it. I mean, I've heard of soup in bread bowls, but now... basically bread in bread bowls. Sheesh.
ReplyDelete*laughing so hard* Yeah, I work at Domino's, and it's effing ridiculous. But actually, I need to correct you. Domino's was very sneaky with how they did the nutrition information. They broke it up between the pasta and the breadbowl. So, if you eat the pasta in the breadbowl, even if you only eat half, then it's between 650-700 calories. And if you eat the whole thing, you're getting a good 1,350 calories and about 110% of your saturated fat for the day. :-D
ReplyDeletePlease people, stay far away.
Rad! More empty calories!
ReplyDeleteFunny you mention that, my jaw dropped last night when I saw Domino's commercial.
ReplyDelete