Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Taco Bell-oney. (It's double balony week!)


Taco Smell has a new ad campaign out touting their "Drive-Thru Diet," featuring a spokewoman who claims to have dropped 54 pounds eating from their "Fresco" menu for lunch or dinner.

Here's CNN blasting the Drive-Thru Diet.

And here's ABC's turn at bat,
from which comes the truly rad quote:
I have a hard time believing that dieters belong at Taco Bell. If the local adult bookstore opened a children's section, would you let your child go there? If the corner liquor store served fresh squeezed juices and egg-white omelets, would it be a suitable place for an alcoholic?
Keep eating junk, just eat less of it. I guess that works, kinda. Maybe the Twinkie Diet comes next. But still, there's something amiss here. Note that Christine Dougherty, the hottie in the photo, claims to have lost all that weight by cutting 500 calories out of her daily intake, thus eating 1250 a day. So, if you do the math, that means Chrissy's alterego, the heavier one in the black blouse, gained and maintained her weight eating 1750 calories a day which, anyone with half a brain knows, is complete hogwash -- or cerdo lavandose as my Spanish dictionary says they say south of the border.

But, apparently, we half-brainers aren't the target market for this particular diet, so if you're one of the dopey lemmings that'll fall for this crap, make sure to drive -- don't walk or run because the diet doesn't call for that -- to your local Taco Bell and let the transformation begin.

4 comments:

  1. The truth hurts and I do oh so love some taco bell... loved it so much that this past summer I ate it almost everyday... and got fat! Well, ok I was only 135lbs, but definitely more fat. The problem with these stories are that 1. they're usually not true and 2. the ones that are, neglect the obvious amount of exercise it took to look that good in a swimsuit. Why can't they just come out and say "I cut 2000 calories out of my diet and worked my ass off for 2 years to look this way"? Because that doesn't sell tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought that advertisement was supposed to be a joke! If they were actually serious about it, I'm terrified for the direction this country is going in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! Add to that: it's called the DRIVE THRU DIET!!! How lazy do they think we really are?!? Hey, if you're trying to lose weight, the LEAST you can do is get out of your car and WALK IN to Taco Bell, burn a few more calories on that diet of yours! hahahahahaha! But as I stated in my own post about this very hot topic... it IS a step in the right direction. We are a society of "Eaters on the Run". The one who can provide us with the best possible menu will make a mint. Maybe they are on the verge of discovery. Great post you did here! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...

    Taco Bell's food isn't very good anyway. Then you take away the good stuff (the cheese and the sauce)--why the heck would you go there?

    ReplyDelete