
This week, western science figured out what 80% of the world population has known for millennia, when a new study out of Oxford showed that having a little extra bootiliciousness actually works to your advantage from a health perspective. From the BBC:
In other words, pear = good, apple = bad. That said, it's not that simple. It's impossible to spot-burn fat, so this news really doesn't have a lot of practical applications. Secondly, it's not an excuse to be obese. You can have a can that makes Jennifer Lopez look like Olive Oyl, but if you're too overweight, the Grim Reaper still has you on his dance card.Evidence shows that fat around the thighs and backside is harder to shift than fat around the waist.
These cytokines have been linked to cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance and diabetes.
On the other hand, all you lady gym rats out there doing StairMaster all day in hopes that you'll one day be able to crack walnuts on your keyster can just relax. A few curves don't hurt.
Yay for pears! So I guess I shouldn't be so irritated that it takes for-ev-er to get my legs in shape, yet I can see my six-pack after like, two months of good workouts. I just got the new Brazil Butt Lift program, actually, because I really do need to work on said junk.
ReplyDeleteTo bad for us "apples". My "junk" will never be anywhere close to J-Lo's. Which I have to say isn't a bad thing.
ReplyDelete