
According to the AP, U.S. Alpine skiing star Lindsey Vonn is currently treating a deep bruise on her right thigh by wrapping it in Austrian cheese.
The therapy, from which the U.S. Olympic team's chief doctor quickly distanced himself, was administered in Austria. That's where Vonn sustained her injury and where the curd cheese, topfen, is apparently hailed for anti-inflammatory properties.The article then goes on to tell the tale of another Olympic athlete who dealt with a sprained ankle by wrapping it with a urine-soaked towel.
The idea was the uric acid would drain out the swelling. That's an example of something that's been used in Eastern Europe, a little bit more in the past," said McCormack, who is an orthopedic surgeon from Vancouver.Of course, I have a few other therapies that come to mind were I treating Lindsey Vonn's thighs (yeah, I said it), but I see nothing wrong with a little fromage on your quads. Over the last few weeks, we here at The Real Fitness Nerd have shown that the more we learn, the less we know when it comes to what we put into or on the human body, be it saturated fat or shoes. So as long as the treatment doesn't do damage, it's almost always worth a try. For example, if conventional back treatments aren't working, don't be afraid to consider chiropractic or acupuncture.
Being French, I'd coat my bruise in a rich Brie or an aromatic Roquefort, but you never know where the answer lies, so don't be afraid to think outside the therapy envelope.
Just shower after you're done with your urine towel.
No comments:
Post a Comment