Monday, July 12, 2010

Now you can be just like Jesus - only without the beard and the sandals and the fish and the wine, etc.

Forty was a challenging birthday for me. It was the moment I realized that my days of throwing myself into every harebrained athletic activity that tickled my fancy are over. As I cruise through year two of managing my spondylolysis, I know I could be in so much worse shape and I'm keeping postive. I know that I'll get back on my surfboard in time, although my days of triple overhead might be behind me. I know I'll continue to climb and bike and progress at my newfound hobby, kayaking. But I also know my budding interest in parcour will probably be religated to watching Youtube clips and my growing desire to learn how to box most likely shouldn't be entertained. Basically, I'm going to have to be smart about fitness from now on.

More or less.

Behold, fellow fitness nerds, the salvation for my sports stupidity, the Water Walking Ball. How goofy is this? And more importantly, how completely rad. While it seems completely benign and will probably be just fine for my spine, my favorite part is that, according to the website, if you stay in longer than 15-20 minutes, you'll either suffocate or be roasted to death. It's not 100% clear as to which.

$500 for your own personal hamster ball? Sounds like a steal to me!

2 comments:

  1. I would say it looks rad, but not really. I just don't see that being much fun... I'd prefer to jet ski or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....they're not sure if you'll either suffocate.....or be roasted....Did they actually test this or just assume it works? I'd totally try it out, though...

    ReplyDelete