As we become increasing piggish as a race, we apparently want our religious figures to pork out too. A research report in the International Journal of Obesity (I prefer the domestic version myself) shows that over the last 2000 years, the portions served at the Last Supper have grown.
That isn't to say that Jesus asked for another loaf and a little more trout to go with his bottomless grail o' wine. Rather, over the years, artists painting the event have added an increasing amount of food to the Big Guy's plate - not to mention those of his disciples.
For the record, I'm not sure if they served trout at the last supper, but I know that a few of the disciples were fishermen, so it seemed like a safe bet. Who doesn't bring fish to a dinner party? Personally, I'd have gone for lobster at my last meal, but something tells me Jesus had other things on his mind.
I'm waiting for there to be food product placements. The J-Man eating some McDonald's and washing it down with some Powerade and so on and so forth.
ReplyDelete