Friday, March 12, 2010

Cyber push-ups.


Originally, I was going to mock CTA Digital's new Wii push up bar, but after reading Gizmodo's review, I think I'm going to mock that instead.

At first, the idea of needing a game console to help you do push ups seems silly, but at second blush, not so much. First off, the bar retails on Amazon for $25, which is reasonable for any push up bar - even one you can't jack into the matrix. Second, doing Wii Fit stuff is fun. And, unlike playing Lego Batman (for example), which is also fun, Wii Fit routines are fun and good for you.

But Kyle at Gizmodo doesn't seem to realize that. Instead, he mocks the idea of push up stands in a way that suggests he's never actually used a push up stand before, especially when he giggles at the benefit you get from the increased depth. Sure, Kyle, you can "just do real push ups" instead, unless of course you have wrist issues.

I already do push ups all the time and I already own a couple pairs of push up bars (a pair in the bedroom and the living room, cuz ya never know when you might need to crank a few out), so I'm probably not getting these, but I'm not going to mock them either. As far as I'm concerned, any doodad that gets another computer geek off the couch and on the mat is a good doodad indeed.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not one for video games because I can't sit for long periods of time, but I will say that I do enjoy Lego Batman. Of course I'll be playing while either stretching out my hamstrings in a doorway or chilling out in the splits just for something to do. Not that this added anything important, but it might come in handy some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to share this link with you...
    http://www.aolnews.com/health/article/600-pound-woman-eating-her-way-to-dubious-distinction/19399734

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it doesnt have to do with the wii but how can a mother be that selfish..wow.

    ReplyDelete