Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ask the Nerd more questions!

I still have some of your older questions to answer, but I'm looking for more! Please post your questions here or on my Facebook page.

Please send stuff I can inform with while still crackin' wise. If you have Beachbody questions, please save those for the Team Beachbody Message Boards where my alter-ego, "Advice Staff Denis," works day and night to make your life easier. 

But if you have a question that's just, plain weird or requires a certain degree of smart-assery, ask me here!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Denis –

    This is more of a "what's your opinion" question. Yesterday I read this article from WebMD:

    http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20110705/tactics-are-different-for-weight-loss-maintenance.

    I'm a former chubby guy who got into the BB stuff and has been quite successful with it. However, I find that I still have yet to fully cross this threshold of losing-to-maintenance mentioned in the article. I would suspect that a lot of people may have a similar issue. We strive feverishly to monitor our food and diet to lose weight, but perhaps fail to realize the point at which we can stop “dieting” (so to speak). For me in particular, I've struggled with finding the balance and have developed some interesting eating disorders by over-obsessing about my intake. My mind seems to get caught up on “if I eat this I’ll go backwards.” It’s such a mind trip! What are your thoughts or suggestions on wrapping the recently weight-lossed mind around a new life-long approach to what we eat? Obviously this isn’t a “one size fits all” matter, but I’m curious what your take is.

    (I hope this wasn’t too vague… ;)

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denis, here is my question.
    I just heard about different body types about 5 minutes (Ectomorph, Mesomorph or Endomorph) and I wanted to know what you think about it. Is it just a load of bull to help people feel better about being fat or not being buff? Or does it at least hold some water?
    Thanks,
    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denis,

    This article is just waiting for some of your fantastic snarkiness. Have at it:

    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-new-trend-in-diet-foods-appeal-to-americans-desire-for-more-more-more-2516462/

    /michm

    ReplyDelete