Apparently, it's not a huge day in fitness news, so I thought we might start the day with a video.
As many of you know, I'm an avid surfer. I also like to sea kayak and, on (very) rare occasion, I'll whomp it up on boogie board. Yet, for the life of me, I can't figure out if these guys think they're having a good time or not. It just looks like they're turning those watercraft into big, uncontrollable, orange and green bullets with the intent to drill as many surfers as possible, all while drowning themselves in the process.
But, for all I know, they're having the time of their lives and within a year, tiny bullet-kayak surf-drowning will be all the rage from Mexico to Oregon.
I would imagine the bafflement I'm feeling right now is exactly what non-outdoor sports people feel when they watch me trying to paddle out past an overhead beach break or watch Steve repeatedly fall while trying to sort out an impossibly technical rock climbing move.
Fun is perspective.
Have a great week and do something fun, just try not to kill any surfers in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment